Le Cercle des ufologues Index du Forum

Le Cercle des ufologues
Forum d'études du phénomène ufologique

ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion   FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes S’enregistrerS’enregistrer

Ufo over english islands?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Cercle des ufologues Index du Forum -> Forum in English -> General topics -> News in English
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

J'accepte La charte: Oui j'ai lu et pris connaissance de la charte, j'e l’accepte et je m’engage à la respécter

MessagePosté le: 27/04/2007 17:54:02    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

Hello Smile

Two air planes pilots with people on board saw something” unexplained”. One of the pilot flying from Southampton saw those flying objects as where they were approaching the coast of Alderney.

click here Arrow thisisguernesey

At the link below, you’ll find the image of scanned Jersey Evening Post article with Mr.Bower's log entry recording the sighting:

click here Arrow scanned article

click here Arrow bbc_news

Citation:
Pilot Spots 'UFO' Over Guernsey

A commercial airline pilot has reported seeing two unidentified flying objects in the sky near Guernsey.

The bright yellow flat disc shapes, estimated to be twice the size of a Boeing 737, were spotted on Monday, 12 to 15 miles
north east of the island.

Captain Ray Bowyer was about to fly an Aurigny plane from Alderney to Southampton when he saw the objects through
binoculars.

[...]

Citation:
John Spencer, deputy chairman of the British UFO Research Association, said: "These types of sightings have been reported by pilots - generally accepted to be reliable and sensible observers - since the 1940s and they have excited attention to this day.

"Such light effects are often popularly thought to represent alien visitors but many UFO researchers believe they more likely
represent natural, atmospheric, phenomena not yet fully understood by science.

"However, a similar encounter in 1978 over the Bass Straits in Australia, where the pilot was in radio contact with the ground
throughout, resulted in the pilot never being heard from again, so these phenomena are important to study."

This event is even discussed accross the Atlantic :

Source: The Aero-News Network - Winter Haven, Florida, USA

click here Arrow Uk event in US magazines

Citation:
British Pilot, Passengers Say They Saw UFOs
Thu, 26 Apr '07

Galactic Visitor, Or Greenhouse Reflection?

The BBC says a commercial airline pilot reported seeing two unidentified flying objects in the sky near Guernsey.

... if new articles or references found, I'll post them here Wink

Kalinoux

Dernière édition par Kalinoux le 10/06/2007 10:12:01; édité 3 fois
Publicité

MessagePosté le: 27/04/2007 17:54:02    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

J'accepte La charte: Oui j'ai lu et pris connaissance de la charte, j'e l’accepte et je m’engage à la respécter

MessagePosté le: 27/04/2007 18:01:06    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

and also here Very Happy

click here Arrow The Register

Citation:
UK airline pilots spot giant UFO

'Mile wide' mystery object hovers off Channel Islands
By Lester Haines → More by this author

Published Friday 27th April 2007 11:33 GMT

Two experienced airline pilots at the controls of separate flights have reported seeing a mystery object "up to a mile wide" hovering off the coast of Alderney on Monday, This is Guernsey reports.
Captain Ray Bowyer, 50, of local airline Aurigny, spotted a "bright-yellow light" 10 miles west of Alderney at about 3pm during a flight from Southampton while his aircraft was 30 miles from the island at 4,000ft.

For the complete article, use the link Wink

Kalinoux Respect

Dernière édition par Kalinoux le 10/06/2007 10:12:28; édité 1 fois
Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 28/04/2007 18:07:18    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

Hello,

Here the video of TV news with the interview of the air plane pilot :

Kalinoux Respect Respect
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 30/04/2007 09:09:58    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

Hello,

Discussions are going on about the ufos seen over english islands :

Arrow Theory to explain the sightings

Testing is UFO theory by Joel de Woolfson

Citation:
THE UFOs seen by two airline pilots earlier this week could have been military test planes.

Flybe pilot Troy Queripel points to a map showing one of the areas of military air space off the coast. He believes that a test in that area could have been the ‘UFOs’ seen by two other pilots. (Picture by Daniel Guerin, 0431060)
Another pilot, Flybe’s Troy Queripel, put forward that
theory yesterday.
‘There is military air space all around Guernsey and there is a lot of activity in that space. We call them danger areas,’ said the 40-year-old.
‘My theory is that it could have been some sort of military test aircraft that entered our air space by mistake.’
The objects were seen by Aurigny captain Ray Bowyer and confirmed by the pilot of a Blue Islands aircraft.
Reports were sent to the Ministry of Defence for further investigation.
French military air space starts 20 miles west of Guernsey and occupies an area of approximately 150 square miles.
British military air space starts 40 miles north of Guernsey and Captain Queripel believes military involvement was the likeliest explanation.
‘I am not trying to discredit anything that Ray said because I saw him 45 minutes after the incident and he was clearly shaken. He obviously saw something.
‘But think about the stealth bomber and the U2 spy plane. They were being tested for years before anyone was aware of them.
‘The stealth bomber had been around for 25 years before anyone knew about it. The first the Iraqis knew of it was when it was above them dropping bombs.’
He said it is impossible to know what is being tested today.
‘The U2 spy plane was taking photos over Russia and they knew nothing about it at first.’
Captain Queripel, who has been a pilot for seven years, said military air spaces around the island are off-limits to commercial planes.
‘They are called danger areas for a reason: enter them at your peril. You can ask for permission to go through, but it would usually be denied.’
He added: ‘Two per cent of me thinks it was little green men, but the other 98% thinks it was the military testing new technology that we haven’t even heard of.’

But it's only a theory and not the final explanation Wink

Kalinoux Respect

Dernière édition par Kalinoux le 10/06/2007 10:12:53; édité 1 fois
Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 03/05/2007 03:26:31    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

Hello Smile

Another article about Guerney events

here Arrow Guernsey_Ufo

2/5/2007

UFO 'Evidence' Grows

by Joel de Woolfson

Citation:
A retired Air France pilot has backed Aurigny' Ray Bowyer's UFO sighting.

Captain Jean-Charles Duboc claimed he saw a huge object over Paris on 28 January 1994 while flying an Airbus 320 from Nice to London.

It was well documented in the French media and on internet sites.

The 55-year-old's sighting was supported by fellow flight crew and French radar, which picked up the object about 25 miles east of Paris for 50 seconds.

"The observation of Captain Ray Bowyer is really impressive for several reasons," he said.

"The fact it was daytime, a huge size, low altitude, nine minutes of sighting, passengers and another crew to confirm it.

"In fact, Captain Bowyer' observation is very similar to mine, except there was two objects and they were very low."

However, unlike Captain Bowyer, who gave no suggestion as to what the UFO might have been, Captain Duboc believes the one he was was from another world.

"My position about the sighting off Alderney is that an extraterrestrial civilisation wants to develop contacts with our planet and that they deliberately organise UFO sightings."

He said that in the last 60 years, there have been approximately 1,300 sightings by pilots and about 15% have been confirmed by radar.

"It is a really scary reality, but pilots have exceptional training and are the best qualified observers to identify UFOs."

Air France would not say if Captain Duboc had flown for it because of data protection laws.

Captain Duboc said the size of the objects seen by Captain Bowyer and a Blue Islands pilot was similar to that of the UFO he saw which he described as a huge lens with a bank angle of 45 degrees.

"We soon realised it was about 25 nautical miles away and it didn"t move. It was absolutely huge because it is impossible to see an airplane distinctly at that distance.

"The dimensions of that object could have been around 500 metres and we saw it for between one and two minutes before it dematerialised in about 10 to 20 seconds."

Aurigny pilot Ray Bowyer has today told of his delight at the response to his UFO sighting.

The 50-year-old captain, who claimed he saw two identical objects as he was approaching Alderney from Southampton, said he had been inundated by people telling similar stories.

"Since the story has been publicised, I must have had a least 20 people come up to me and tell me their story," he said.

He said it has had a very positive impact.

"I think what it has done is make it acceptable for other people
to tell their stories. It seems to have lubricated people's tonsils to talk about this sort of experience."

Captain Bowyer's UFO sighting received national media attention last week and the story has been seen by people all over the globe after being picked up by various news websites.

He said the stories people had told him varied greatly.

"I must say that some of the people said things that I thought could be explained. However I reckon that there are people out there that have seen stuff that cannot be explained."

He added that he had received a lot of support from fellow pilots.

"In the profession it' fairly well known that if you come forward and tell these sort of stories, you become unemployable."

Captain Bowyer praised his bosses at Aurigny for their understanding.

"I think if I had not had eight years with the company it would not have been mentioned. But I"m lucky that I had the security with Aurigny and I want to thank them for their support.

"It's really nice that other people have come forward to say that they have had similar experiences."

Kalinoux

Dernière édition par Kalinoux le 10/06/2007 10:14:03; édité 2 fois
Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 10/06/2007 10:10:06    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

Hello,

The air plane pilot seems to have some difficulties to accept to become "worldwilde known" since he witnessed and reported ufo sighting over english islands :

Arrow ufos_english islands

Citation:
UFO spotter shocked by worldwide interest

by Joel de Woolfson

CAPTAIN RAY BOWYER is shocked that his UFO sighting has made news around the world.

The Aurigny pilot’s story was featured in The Sun and The Independent, which dedicated a whole page. The internet took the sighting global, with hundreds of UFO websites featuring it.

But the biggest surprise for Captain Bowyer was a small article in the New Zealand Herald, that country’s largest paper.
‘My mum lives in Auckland and said she saw it in the paper there,’ he said.

‘The story has gone all over the world. I didn’t think it would ever get further than Alderney or Guernsey, so it’s unbelievable how much attention it has got.’

The 50-year-old said he had been overwhelmed by the response.

‘I have had about 50 people speak to me and all told me of sightings within the islands,’ he said.

‘There appear to have been so many around the triangle of Alderney, Guernsey and Jersey. It’s really strange that there seem to have been so many in that area.’

Captain Bowyer believed that by coming forward, he had made it more acceptable for other people to talk about their experiences.

‘I have been really impressed with the quality of reporting and I wanted to thank the press for that because I know it could have been sensationalised.’

‘Many people have told me their stories and I would like to collate them.

‘The amount of people who have had similar sightings in a similar area has made me want to investigate what has been happening in the Channel Islands.’

* UFO sighting details can be passed to Captain Bowyer, by letter at La Croix Guerin Cafe, St Martin’s.

But what is interesting is the number of others reports and witnesses of UFO sightings in this area ... and that now Captain Bowyer wants to investigate Okay

Enjoy you week end Respect

Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 26/06/2007 22:18:18    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

Hello,

At this following web link,

Arrow video_photo

you'll find a video and a photo of this Ufo sighting over english islands. Okay

Kalinoux Respect
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 28/06/2007 17:58:58    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

Hello,

A new video about this case :

Okay

Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 28/06/2007 18:08:02    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

Hello Very Happy

Some links about :

--> bbc.co.uk

--> news.sky.com

and a link to MoD which shows that the ministry took this case in account :

--> MoD

Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 30/06/2007 12:30:38    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

Hello,

May some people would find this information interesting, some UK ufo researchers made this image to simulate the position of the UFO when it appeared to the air plane pilot.

Image from the web site uk-ufo Arrow

Enjoy your week end,

Kalinoux Respect
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 05/08/2008 12:50:09    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands? Répondre en citant

Hello,

Here Arrow Report, you can download a complete report about this case.

Kx

MessagePosté le: 25/07/2017 12:53:32    Sujet du message: Ufo over english islands?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Cercle des ufologues Index du Forum -> Forum in English -> General topics -> News in English
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation