Le Cercle des ufologues Index du Forum

Le Cercle des ufologues
Forum d'études du phénomène ufologique

ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion   FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes S’enregistrerS’enregistrer

Spontaneous fires in Sicilia

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Cercle des ufologues Index du Forum -> Forum in English -> General topics -> General discussions
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

J'accepte La charte: Oui j'ai lu et pris connaissance de la charte, j'e l’accepte et je m’engage à la respécter

MessagePosté le: 02/11/2007 20:31:38    Sujet du message: Spontaneous fires in Sicilia Répondre en citant

Hello,

I don't know if you heard before about the spontaneous fires in Sicilia, but the first articles about were published in 2004 or something like that.
Today, new articles are being published telling that italian offcials declared that those phenomena were due to a "higher technology", sending waves and so on ... but a theory to be discussed.
The only purpose of the first messages is to share the articles I collected 3 years ago.

Here the first one Arrow Fires Sicilia_1

Citation:
Fires have broken out in part of a Sicilian village, and no one can figure out what's causing them. It can't be electricity, since the power has been cut off. Despite this, washing machines, dishwashers, refrigerators, electricity meters and cables have been spontaneously bursting into flames. A fire even started in a water pipe. There's no evidence of arson.
In the Guardian, John Hooper quotes Gianfranco Allegra, of the Italian Center for Electro-technical Experimentation, as saying he watched as "an electrical wire lying on the floor that was not plugged in to the mains inexplicably caught fire."
Civil defense chief Tullio Martella says the fires and blasts seemed to come "from a dispersion of electrical energy, but the origin of the presumed dispersion has yet to be determined."
UPDATE: This isn't the first time fires have spontaneously broken out in Italy. The Fortean Times reported that in February of 1990, the same thing happened in the village of San Gottardo, near Venice. It began when Aldo Calgaretto saw the fuse box outside his house start to burn. Within two days, fires started in other homes. TVs turned on and off on their own, lights flashed on a locked car, and a chair caught fire.
Mayor Lucio Donatello thought it was a case of mass hysteria, but changed his mind. He said, "One day I discovered my car engine running with all the doors locked. Then the right front door burst into flames in front of my eyes. Another time, I was given a jolt when the electric razor I was using caught fire in my hands."
Donatello and Giancario Zuin stood talking and noticed the parked car they had arrived in burst into flames. "We watched the rear plastic light slowly melt in front of our eyes," said Zuin. "There was more and more smoke and then it burst into flames. I couldn't believe it."
Then Bertilla Moran's house filled with smoke because the wheelchair used by his father had caught fire. People began to complain of headaches, sickness, stomach pains, and skin inflammations.
Now, fourteen years later, Jeremy Charles reports in The Mirror about the same kind of spontaneous fires in the town of Canneto di Caronia in Sicily. Mayor Pedro Spinnato says, "This all began three weeks ago and we can discover no explanation. We cannot risk a tragedy through these fires so I have no other option to evacuate. We have had engineers in to examine cables and wires but they can find nothing wrong. Twelve houses have been severely damaged after various domestic appliances burst into flames. But it is not just electrical items. Furniture is also catching fire for no reason. For the time being we have asked families to leave and stay with friends and relatives so a through examination can take place. People are blaming evil spirits and I am being asked to get the priest to perform an exorcism."
Civil protection chief Tullio Martella says, "What is going on here is like a scene from some paranormal film. The fires continued even when we cut power to the village to see if that was a possible cause. For the time being there is no scientific explanation and I have never heard of anything like this before."

Have a nice week end,

Kalinoux Respect

Version française ici Arrow Version française

MessagePosté le: 02/11/2007 20:31:38    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

J'accepte La charte: Oui j'ai lu et pris connaissance de la charte, j'e l’accepte et je m’engage à la respécter

MessagePosté le: 03/11/2007 12:53:46    Sujet du message: Spontaneous fires in Sicilia Répondre en citant

Hello,

Here is another article about the fires, the link were the article was published is not anymore available but was found on Mirror

Citation:
SCORCHIO
Feb 11 2004-05-09
ITALIAN VILLAGERS FLEE AS FRIDGES BURST INTO FLAMES
From Jeremy Charles in Rome

IT was just little things at first... a TV would smoulder, a mobile phone would catch fire. But then ti got worse – a whole lot worse.
Over three weeks fridges, washing machines, cookers and furniture all began bursting into flames for no reason. Twelve houses were badly damaged by blazes in the quiet village.
Now, with panic-stricken locals blaming evil spirits and calling for an exorcism, the mayor has ordered a full-scale evacuation.
Last night Italian TV showed people fleeing in tears while fireman rushed to fight yet another spontaneous blaze.

Engineers called to Canneto di Caronia, near Messina, Sicily, were baffled because the fires continued even when the power was cut off.

Mayor Pedro Spinnato said: "This all began three weeks ago and we can discover no explanation. We cannot risk a tragedy through these fires so I have no other option to evacuate.
"We have had engineers in to examine cables and wires but they can find nothing wrong. Twelve houses have been severely damaged after various domestic appliances burst into flames.
"But it is not just electrical items. Furniture is also catching fire for no reason.
"For the time being we have asked families to leave and stay with friends and relatives so a through examination can take place.
"People are blaming evil spirits and I am being asked to get the priest to perform an exorcism."
Civil protection chief Tullio Martella said: "What is going on here is like a scene from some paranormal film.
"The fires continued even when we cut power to the village to see if that was a possible cause."
"For the time being there is no scientific explanation and I have never heard of anything like this before."
Last night more than 100 engineers were in the village and geologists were also due to carry out underground surveys.

I remember that on mailing list, one of the main topic unexplained was the fact that even after the power was cut off, the fire went on and others appliances and devices were burnt. But I'm not aware of any scientific explanations proposed to explain those phenomena.

Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 04/11/2007 19:30:51    Sujet du message: Spontaneous fires in Sicilia Répondre en citant

Here Arrow Fires Sicilia 3

Citation:
Spontaneous Italian Fires Supernatural?
13-Feb-2004

Fires have been breaking out spontaneously on the island of Sicily recently, and in 1990, the same thing happened near Venice. Twenty years ago, similar fires in Italy were blamed on the supernatural powers of a woman who was put in jail for starting them.
While the U.S. has its history of persecuting witches in Salem, Massachusetts, it's hard to believe that someone could be put in jail for practicing witchcraft in a developed country as late as 1982, but that's what happened to Carole Compton. Tracey Lawson writes in The Scotsman that she was accused of using pyrokinesis to start fires in the homes where she worked as a nanny.
She left Scotland for Italy in 1982 and got a job as a nanny in Rome. First religious objects and paintings began falling and flying off the walls, then fires broke out in the bedroom of the two-year-old boy she was caring for, as well as in her employers' country home. When she took another job, it happened all over again: objects began falling off the walls in the new home and the bed of the child she was caring for again had a fire. She was sentenced to two and a half years in prison and spent 16 months there.
She returned to England and wrote a book about her ordeal titled "Superstition: The True Story of The Nanny They Called A Witch." She says, "What happened to me is something that never goes away. It was a dreadful ordeal, and all this doesn’t help. I don’t know what’s happening over there now, and I don’t want to. I have a happy life now. I try not to think about the past."
Il Messagero quoted Father Gabriel Amorth, the Vatican’s expert on exorcisms, as saying, "I've seen things like this before. Demons occupy a house and appear in electrical goods. Let’s not forget that Satan and his followers have immense powers." Let's hope they don’t find another nanny to blame them on.

Kalinoux

Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 05/11/2007 09:07:24    Sujet du message: Spontaneous fires in Sicilia Répondre en citant

More informations from 2004 about fires in Sicilia

Here Arrow Fires Sicilia 4

Citation:
Spontaneous Fires (and Stones) in India
23-Mar-2004

First we reported about the mysterious spontaneous fires that were taking place in Italy. Now we've learned this is happening in India as well.
Rohit Ghosh reports that people in the Madhya Pradesh area of the country have been rushing to put out mysterious fires that seem to spring up on their own. One villager says, "Our wells have started drying up fighting the fires."
It began when a fire suddenly broke out in a small farming community without warning or explanation. The villagers put it out and didn't think any more about it. But soon this started happening on a regular basis. "Fire breaks out anywhere in the village and at anytime of the day," says village leader Sardar Singh Gurjar. "We draw water from the wells of the village to douse the fire. The wells have started drying up. Major fires have broken out in the villages 11 times in a span of few days."
It's not only fires: "Stone pelting is another problem," says Gurjar. "Many people have been injured in the stone pelting till now."
"I was going to my fields in a usual manner a couple of days back when suddenly the stones started hitting me from all directions. I ran for cover," says farmer Ram Deo. "I thought that it was a mischief. But the same thing happened on the following day also."
When district police chief Yogesh Deshmukh investigated, he and his men were also pelted with stones and had to run for their lives. Police superintendent N.P. Varkade says, "We have deployed policemen in plain clothes in the village. Secondly we have decided to take scientists to the village to allay the fears of the villagers. We have also deployed cameramen on rooftops."

Kalinoux

Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 05/11/2007 09:10:58    Sujet du message: Spontaneous fires in Sicilia Répondre en citant

Here Arrow Fires Sicilia_5

Citation:
Investigating the Mysterious Fires in Italy
05-Apr-2004

We've written about the fires that are breaking out spontaneously, without an obvious cause, in a small town in Sicily. People there have also been unable to unlock their cars without setting off their alarms. (The same thing has happened to cars in Nevada and the U.K.) Scientists, engineers, police and paranormal researchers have come to the town of Canneto di Caronia to search for clues to mystery.
Shasta Darlington writes that the fires stared in January, and have been flaring up almost daily ever since, even though electrical power to the village was cut off long ago. Two fire trucks and a police jeep sit outside the town, ready for the next fire. A van with a rotating antenna on its roof is parked next to them, measuring radio waves. Many citizens have moved out of their homes and into hotels for safety. Their houses and apartments are filled with geomagnetic, meteorological, electromagnetic and electrostatic measuring devices installed by researchers. Police ruled out arson after they saw wires spontaneously burst into flames. Now researchers think the fires are due to a build-up of electrical energy—but they don't know where it's coming from.
"We're working in the dark. We don't have a single lead so far," says mayor Pedro Spinnato. "Every time some new scientist comes to town they arrive thinking the whole thing has been invented or that they're going to solve the mystery in two minutes. They've all been wrong."
Antonio Pezzino, whose house was one of the first to burst into flames, says, "I've seen an air conditioner burst into flames and burn down in 30 seconds. These are not normal events, but I think we're going to have to start looking for a different kind of help."
Massimo Polidoro says, "The fact that the phenomenon occurs only when there are people present makes it hard to believe that it is a natural, or even supernatural phenomenon. But we don't exclude further investigation if things aren't eventually explained."
Exorcist Gabriele Amorth says, "I've seen things like this before. Demons occupy a house and appear in electrical goods."
Mayor Spinnato says, "Someone wrote to us saying the solution was to sacrifice a black goat and collect its blood. At some point, that's going to start looking like a good idea."

Kalinoux

Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 05/11/2007 11:23:35    Sujet du message: Spontaneous fires in Sicilia Répondre en citant

For those who are interested by this topic, you'll find here a link which gives a complete technical analysis of the fires in Sicilia.

Here Arrow The Fires of Canneto di Caronia

Kalinoux
Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 05/11/2007 11:35:39    Sujet du message: Spontaneous fires in Sicilia Répondre en citant

Well, these articles have been published about 3 years (if I remember well, those events were mainly known in 2004). And I had never in mind to put them here, until this topic came back on stage very recently by, at least in 2 articles :

The first article I read about it is here : Alien attack earth

Citation:
Aliens Attack Earth - Official
Oct 27 2007 By Stephen White

Village Fires Blamed On Ufos

A SERIES of bizarre fires in a village were caused by aliens testing weapons, Italian government officials believe.

A report into the unexplained fires in fridges, TVs and mobile phones blamed creatures from outer space.

Canneto di Caronia was the centre of world attention three years ago after residents reported everyday household objects bursting into flames.

News footage at the time showed electrical appliances, cookers, a pile of wedding presents and items of furniture smouldering.

Dozens of experts, including scientists, electrical engineers and military personnel, arrived in the village on Sicily, 60 miles east of Palermo, to investigate the phenomenon.

Arson was quickly ruled out and at one stage an amazed scientist was interviewed after he described how he saw an unplugged electrical cable burst into flames. Locals were quick to blame supernatural forces.

At the time, the Vatican's chief exorcist, Father Gabriele Amorth, agreed, saying: "I've seen things like this before. Demons occupy a house and appear in electrical goods.

"Let's not forget that Satan and his followers have immense powers."

Now an interim report by the civil protection department into the strange goings-on has been leaked and published in several Italian newspapers. The investigation has so far taken two years and cost around £1million

It concludes that the most likely cause was "aliens testing secret weapons".

The conclusion that aliens were responsible was supported by the testimony of numerous residents who claimed to have seen UFOs overhead at the time of the fires.

According to the report, the fires were "caused by high-power electromagnetic emissions which were not man made and reached a power of between 12 and 15 gigawatts".

The report also contains details of a possible UFO landing close to Caronia after "burnt imprints which have not been explained were found in a field".

Yesterday, Francesco Mantegna Venerando, Sicily's civil protection chief, said: "This is not the final report. We are still working on our conclusions and this has been leaked.

"We are not saying that little green men from Mars started the fires but that unnatural forces capable of creating a large amount of electromagnetic energy were responsible.

"This is just one possibility. We are also looking at the fires being caused by testing of top secret weapons by an unknown power who are also capable of producing an enormous amount of energy."

Last night, the town's mayor Giuseppe Collura was unavailable for comment.

Administrateur
Administrateur

MessagePosté le: 05/11/2007 11:42:47    Sujet du message: Spontaneous fires in Sicilia Répondre en citant

And the second recent article :

Here Arrow Telegraph.co.uk

Citation:
Aliens caused Sicily fires, say officials
By Nick Pisa in Rome

Last Updated: 1:05am GMT 29/10/2007

Aliens were responsible for a series of unexplained fires in fridges, TV’s and mobile phones in an Italian village, according to an Italian government report.

Canneto di Caronia, in northern Sicily, drew attention three years ago after residents reported everyday household objects bursting into flames.

TV news footage at the time showed electrical appliances as well as cookers, a pile of wedding presents and furniture smouldering.

Dozens of experts including scientists, electrical engineers and military boffins, arrived in the village 60 miles east of Palermo to investigate the phenomenon.

Arson was quickly ruled out and at one stage an amazed scientist was interviewed after he described how he saw an unplugged electrical cable burst into flames.

Locals were quick to blame supernatural forces and at the time the Vatican’s chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth backed up their fears and said: "I’ve seen things like this before. Demons occupy a house and appear in electrical goods. Let’s not forget that Satan and his followers have immense powers."

Now in an interim leaked report published by several Italian newspapers it has emerged that the Civil Protection Department has concluded the most likely cause was "aliens".

The report was ordered by the Italian government and brought together dozens of experts including a NASA scientist. Their two year investigation has cost an estimated £1 million.

According to the report the fires were "caused by a high power electro magnetic emissions which were not man made and reached a power of between 12 and 15 gigawatts."

The report also detailed a possible UFO landing close to the village, citing "burnt imprints which have not been explained were found in a field."

Francesco Mantegna Venerando, Sicily’s Civil Protection chief who coordinated the report, said: "This is not the final report. We are still working on our conclusions and this has been leaked.

"We are not saying that little green men from Mars started the fires but that unnatural forces capable of creating a large amount of electromagnetic energy were responsible.

"This is just one possibility we are also looking at another one which involves the testing of top secret weapons by an unknown power which are also capable of producing an enormous amount of energy."

For sure, this article will needs to be discussed Shocked Shocked

Kalinoux

MessagePosté le: 30/05/2017 03:26:39    Sujet du message: Spontaneous fires in Sicilia

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Le Cercle des ufologues Index du Forum -> Forum in English -> General topics -> General discussions
Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Portail | Index | Créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation